Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

What I'm Doing, part 1

Sorry for the lack of posts, but as the family gets settled at home, I'm getting settled at "the new Wesley House", as Isaiah calls it.


Many people are wondering what I'm doing these days. What does it mean to be a campus minister starting a new position in the middle of the summer?


Well, there's quite a bit to do, but it's not all hard laborious work. The past few days I've been completing a budget request for the Georgia United Methodist Commission on Higher Education and Campus Ministry. They are the primary funding source for all UM campus ministries in North and South GA. The budget request is a detailed account of our past, present, and proposed budget as well as an evaluation of our ministry, campus minister, and board of directors. It is many pages long and time consuming, but I appreciate having a body of people who care about campus ministry to report to and support me in my ministry.


I'm also reading, thinking, praying, and writing a lot. This semester I'll be preaching most every week to the students who come to the weekly worship service at our ministry. Preaching is not something I take lightly, and I don't usually preach on a passage unless I've been pondering over it for a few weeks (sometimes a few months). So while the students are away for the summer and the Wesley House is quiet, I spend a lot of time with my Bible and notebook, making notes for the all the sermons-to-be.

No comments: